Thursday, August 10, 2006

i fall fast

More and more my friends are somehow realizing they are in love with their friends. I suppose this is the first time I've dated someone who has ever really been a friend. For me, a first date has always been soft romantic beautiful (disaster) - a walk through a park, swinging amongst the roses (real swings - not even what I think of as swinging any more), soft kisses and teasing for days weeks months. Idealistic and innocent, blissfully unaware of what is to come. A year later, maybe two or three, buckets of tears have fallen, someone has been hurt physically emotionally sensually, and once again alone.

Maybe - just maybe? the one night stand that blossomed is something better, something real, something that is going to last through the tears and the pain and the broken promises.

Everyone is settling down, having serious lives, getting old ... except me ... er wait that's wrong ... I am too. I bought furniture, that's pretty settled for me. I'm going to live in one place for at least a year - that's very settled for my life. A cruise? Somewhere tropical, somewhere that I need to take a passport?

Too young to hold on, too old to just break free and run ...


No matter what you say I swear I'm not crazy

But why me ... why me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home