Change a habit, change your life
Nearly two weeks later ...
After gasping for breath on the elliptical for half an hour last night, I had the brilliant idea to weight myself. And if the mexicans hadn't already been attempting to bring about my death, that electronic scale certainly would have been the end of me.
Personally, I can't believe that I am admitting to this at all, let alone on the internet, but this is my meager attempt to create some internal accountability for my new 'health' routine:
In the past year and a half I have gained 30 pounds. From 95 lbs in the summer of 2006 to 126 lbs as I stand. And I wonder why my pants don't fit.
Granted, 95 lbs on a 5' 5" frame is still quite a lightweight, but I would be happy with the 105-110 range.
The 'health club' is really great. Slightly pricey, but not nearly so bad as in Toronto. And they set up a plan for me, gave me a 'Personal eTrainer' - it has my two workout routines programmed on a computer chip, then I plug it into the machines to track my progress. At the end of the workout I plug it into a computer and it tells me how I have done today and historically.
So, back to the gym tonight. 30 minutes of cardio, 30 minutes of weights, and 45 minutes in some sort of 'Dance Mania'.
After gasping for breath on the elliptical for half an hour last night, I had the brilliant idea to weight myself. And if the mexicans hadn't already been attempting to bring about my death, that electronic scale certainly would have been the end of me.
Personally, I can't believe that I am admitting to this at all, let alone on the internet, but this is my meager attempt to create some internal accountability for my new 'health' routine:
In the past year and a half I have gained 30 pounds. From 95 lbs in the summer of 2006 to 126 lbs as I stand. And I wonder why my pants don't fit.
Granted, 95 lbs on a 5' 5" frame is still quite a lightweight, but I would be happy with the 105-110 range.
The 'health club' is really great. Slightly pricey, but not nearly so bad as in Toronto. And they set up a plan for me, gave me a 'Personal eTrainer' - it has my two workout routines programmed on a computer chip, then I plug it into the machines to track my progress. At the end of the workout I plug it into a computer and it tells me how I have done today and historically.
So, back to the gym tonight. 30 minutes of cardio, 30 minutes of weights, and 45 minutes in some sort of 'Dance Mania'.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home