Wednesday, April 02, 2008

decry of dotmac

I completely, utterly support the mass movement to Macintosh computer systems. However, I am completely and utterly rejecting the .mac blogging system. Horrendous. So, the .nimble. blog will be moving again at some point.

For more exciting news, I've lost some weight. Or at least whiddled my waist back down to nearly where it was last year - I was able to squeeze into my skinny pants this morning!

In three months my life moves from sedentary to jet-set, how exciting! Perhaps not the best news for the weight management plan, but I will be off first to Florida (drinks with a client), then to Paris, Venice, Rome, Madrid, Athens, and perhaps a stopover in London on my way back.

Lately I have a rather large debate going on in my head - WHY? ... I want to know why we live. Why the earth exists. What the point of living is, what the point of working is. Any attempt to discuss this with rational individuals has ended up with answers like "to be happy" or "to help others" or "it's part of a greater plan". All this just tells me that there is no point. What we know is that human beings have walked the earth for roughly 3% as long as dinosaurs ever did, and dinosaurs were wiped out by a meteor. So if mankind can be wiped out at any moment, what is the point of helping others? What is the point of believing in a greater plan (God?) if our very existance is so inconsequential?



You may murder someone and be condemned by society, but really all that you have done is remove one inconsequential life from the face of the earth - basically, you have stepped on an ant. You can be a pompous ass and walk all over everyone else, and it is completely inconsequential because eventually everyone will die and it won't matter. You can be rich, you can be poor, you can be reserved, shy, or outgoing and a party animal -- in the end of it all, it doesn't have any affect on anything at all.

I need to know what the point of living is. What is the point of getting up every day? To work. What is the point of working? To feed yourself. What is the point of feeding yourself? To survive. What is the point of surviving? What is the meaning of life?

We will never have answers to these questions until we know what sort of realm the universe exists in. And this certainly won't be answered in my lifetime. For all we know, the universe we live in and the movement we create within it is simply creating momentum in a moving object in another realm. We are all simply molecules.

So the point is, really, why do we care so much what is right and wrong, what other, inconsequential people think? Can't we get away with living life any way we please? Stop caring what everyone else thinks, and just be ourselves? That means friends, family, boyfriends, ex-boyfriends, acquintances, management, strangers ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home