diametrical fashion
Living in Kitchener-Waterloo, it seems, has taken it's toll on me.
From postmodern fashionista to the slump I seem to be in whenever I am in this city, I just can't find the motivation to dress up these days. Stress from school, combined with working in an office where most people don't even know who Jeremy Laing is, doesn't provide much inspiration. Add to that the cost of putting gas in my german (premium-fuel-loving) automobile, and shopping trips in Toronto just aren't much fun any more.
While I know I'm not the only one suffering here, the Waterloo fashion community isn't exactly overflowing with people who really have an original fashion sense. Sure I have talked to people who claim to be 'fashionistas' and think they dress better than everyone else in their subdivision - but sweetie you are still wearing American Eagle.
So with no motivation to pull out my more interesting pieces, strange looks when I do dare where them out on the town, very little fashion community (or even shopping) in the area, and a general sense of worthlessness because I look like a suburbanite, what am I to do??
Currently wearing: Ben Sherman gray pinstripe pants, Club Monaco tie-neck lavender cashmere tank, Zara cropped 3/4-sleeve jacket, Nine West black open-toe flats, and a hair clip *gasp*
From postmodern fashionista to the slump I seem to be in whenever I am in this city, I just can't find the motivation to dress up these days. Stress from school, combined with working in an office where most people don't even know who Jeremy Laing is, doesn't provide much inspiration. Add to that the cost of putting gas in my german (premium-fuel-loving) automobile, and shopping trips in Toronto just aren't much fun any more.
While I know I'm not the only one suffering here, the Waterloo fashion community isn't exactly overflowing with people who really have an original fashion sense. Sure I have talked to people who claim to be 'fashionistas' and think they dress better than everyone else in their subdivision - but sweetie you are still wearing American Eagle.
So with no motivation to pull out my more interesting pieces, strange looks when I do dare where them out on the town, very little fashion community (or even shopping) in the area, and a general sense of worthlessness because I look like a suburbanite, what am I to do??
Currently wearing: Ben Sherman gray pinstripe pants, Club Monaco tie-neck lavender cashmere tank, Zara cropped 3/4-sleeve jacket, Nine West black open-toe flats, and a hair clip *gasp*


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home